Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Wintertime and Interviews


So this is my very first blog post ever~. Woo! -confetti-
So, I'm on Christmas break still. Only about four days left. Boo~. But, so far its been pretty nice. I get to hang out with Amanda and Rachel just about everyday. And, its been snowing. Not just a little bit, but a pretty decent amount. I love looking at the snowy scenery. Everything just looks prettier in the wintertime.

Today something different happened though. I had a phone interview with the Illinois Institute of Art. It took about an hour but I got to find out about some of the courses that I'd be interested in. I really want to go for the certificate of pastry and baking but, I also want to head straight into the arts. And it doesn't seem like I'd be able to do both. But, the woman I talked to recommended that I try for the Media Arts and Animation. It sounds really nifty to think that I could actually animate some of my work. A lot of the programs she was pushing seemed to be for 3-D animation but I think I'm sold at 2-D. I would love to actually make cartoons or at least my own AMV with my own characters.

But, even though animation sounds fun, I'd still much rather do illustrations for children's books and such. It makes me sad that most art related courses are trying to strive for more computer work than traditional. I suppose that's how the art of the future will be. I just hope by the time I'm old and gray that we will still be using traditional arts.


2 comments:

  1. I see you've been decorating my eggs again ;)
    very nice blog. keep it going! Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here it is March and I'm just reading your blog. I hope you keep up with it. I love the idea that your pursuing Art. Computers are the thing, but go where your heart wants to be. I had started off wanting to illustrate children's books, but then found writing more interesting. I was much older then. There's a of good illustrators out there that don't use the compter.

    Love you, Grandma B

    ReplyDelete